Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Back from China

Well I'm back from China and HK and also Malaysia. I had a wonderful time, and it was great to see S again. I think the best times I had were in China and HK, in that I loved seeing family again, and the fact that it was such a huge circus. I don't think life there generally is circus-like until someone visits, and there is a huge hullaballoo. I loved seeing my grandmother again, and all the other reletaives. I got everything I wanted to get done, done. Including stuff for sherlock soaps, helping out with my grandmother, and also enquiring about my fourth uncle. The only thing I regret not doing is going out to Dong Ping Chau to visit the spot my mum went out to after she left China during the cultural revolution.

I brought back all these things for my parents from China and my parents were quite jubilant last night picking me up. Both my mum and dad came! So happy! My mum was really happy about the skirt I bought her, and I called my aunt to tell her that. My aunt was happy too bc she helped me pick it. Its weird how from the younger generation we're able to mediate between all the complications that arise from brothers and sisters of the same generation. It's like propriety really keeps things straight.

I took back some of my books from Malaysia. Again, I was hit with all this hospitality, and wonderfulness.

After seeing my fourth uncle, I believe more people will be going to see and visit him. I'm so sad about his circumstances, and it kills me to see what a beat life he had. I still have to ask first uncle and second uncle about the circumstances. Nothing has been said for so long, and I was afraid, but I just bent right to it because life is life, and what else can you do? I love my family. I don't know why, but after so long, (28 years has not been so long), family plays such a huge role in my life. Extended family, I love the stories, and now there is a draw for me to go back and live there because i want to be closer to the stories, to the humanity.

After talking to my parents last night, i also gave them this illustrated eyewitness china book, and my parents decided that they wanted to go back again. Wonderful! They even said that we should all go back together. So its decided!

No comments: